The doors of Lyon's tourist office are open to you
To start your stay in Lyon, visit the Tourist Office in Place Bellecour, which has tailored its facilities to the needs of all visitors:
- An entrance accessible by a ramp
- A lowered reception desk
- Raised seating
- Magnetic loop for the hearing impaired
- A hearing loop for hearing-impaired visitors
- A high-contrast relief map for visually-impaired visitors
- Specialist advisors, who are completely aware of the needs of "disabled visitors"
Would you like to receive personalized information on accessible tourism in the City of Lyon?
Please contact Rachel Mallet
Accessible Tourism Project Manager on +33 (0)4 72 77 69 69
Activities, museums, accommodation and restaurants
Find all our accessible offers as well as our guided tours and the list of accessible traboules in our article dedicated to accessible activities. The sites labelled "Tourisme & Handicap" in the Auvergne Rhône Alpes region can be found in the Tourisme Rhône Alpes guide.
Lyon’s museums have adopted a modern approach to guaranteeing openness and accessibility for as many people as possible. The majority of large museums are accessible to disabled visitors at special rates. Also, the City of Lyon has made an accessibility guide that contains a list of addresses, services and cultural attractions with disabled facilities for you to enjoy. Find out more :
In Lyon several accommodations are ready to welcome you in full compliance. Discover our selection of accessible accomodations certified as accessible by our partner, Mobee Travel, the leading holiday booking platform for disabled travelers.
A number of restaurants are accessible et some are equipped with talking menus to provide blind and visually-impaired diners with better service. Discover our selection of accessible restaurants certified as accessible by our partner Mobee Travel.
Travel and other services
Accessibility guide for public transports (in French)
Accessible public toilets
- On the Place Bellecour: behind the tourist office. Open every day from 8am to 7.30pm. Free.
- In the Vieux Lyon district: avenue du Doyenné, to the right of the Vieux Lyon metro station entrance. Open every day from 8am to 7.30pm. Free.
- Near Fourvière: public toilets in the Place du Père François Varillon. Open every day from 6am to 2am. Free.
- Near the Parc de la Tête d'Or: public toilets on avenue de Grande-Bretagne. Automatic. Open every day from 6am to 2am. Free. Public toilets on avenue Verguin. Automatic. Open daily from 5am to 10pm. Free.
- In the Confluence district: public toilets in Place de l'Hippodrome. Automatic. Open every day from 5am to 10pm. Free.
- Near Place des Terreaux: public toilets on Quai de la Pêchey. Automatic. Open every day from 6am to midnight. Free.
- In the Croix-Rousse district: public toilets in the Place de la Croix-Rousse. Automatic. Open every day from 6am to 10pm. Free.
- Near Part-Dieu station: public toilets in Place Guichard. Automatic. Open every day from 6am to 10pm. Free.
- Near Perrache station: public toilets at Place Carnot. Automatic. Open every day from 6am to 2am. Free.