Arriving to Lyon by plane
How to arrive to Lyon by plane
Access, come and move in Lyon
Last updated date : 17/04/2023
Lyon has two airports: Lyon Saint-Exupéry International Airport and Lyon-Bron Business Airport. Find all the practical information you need to access the different airports or the city centre of Lyon from Saint-Exupéry airport. Have a nice trip!
Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport
Few figures :
- It links Lyon to over 118 destinations, with direct flights.
- 48 airline companies are represented.
- Over 11 million passengers were carried in 2019.
- The airport site has 6000 employees and 200 companies.
- The Hub Air France transported 3,1 million passengers in 2018.
- In 2019, it was elected best airport in Europe in the category of airports with 10-25 million passengers by ACI Europe.
- Finally, as a sustainable airport, Lyon-Saint-Exupéry has obtained ACA3+ accreditation (Airport Carbon Accreditation), as it is now entirely carbon neutral.
Terminal 1 :
Terminal 1 receives regular and low-cost airlines, such as EasyJet. Twenty or so new retail outlets and restaurants, relaxation areas and a children’s play area supplement existing facilities in the other terminals: numerous restaurants, bars, boutiques duty free stores, services (car rental, etc.), meeting rooms, and two hotels.
Please note: Terminal 2 is currently closed for renovation. All activity is being transferred to Terminal 1.
Short and long-term parking (14,700 parking spaces and 2,000 member-only spaces) and shuttle services that link the airport to the main regional towns and cities. Lyon-Saint-Exupéry TGV train station is directly accessible from Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris, and the close proximity of the motorway makes this airport very accessible.
All the informations on the website of Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport.
The tram service connects Rhônexpress Lyon Part-Dieu in Lyon to St Exupery Airport in less than 30 minutes guaranteed. It provides this transportation service 365 days a year!
It provides this transportation service 365 days a year!
- Departure every quarter hour from 6 am to 9 pm.
- Departures every half hour from 4.25 am to 6 am and from 9 pm to midnight.
All pratical informations (schedule, prices, online ticketing) on the website of Rhônexpress.
Lyon City Card
A return journey that can be used independently of the days when the Lyon City Card is used is included in the Lyon City Card Rhônexpress.
Going to the Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport by bus
You can get to the airport by taking two bus lines to the airport stop:
- Bus line 47: service provided from 5.30am to 11.40pm, every 30 minutes, journey time from Meyzieu ZI (T3 tramway terminus) to the airport: 35 minutes. See the route and timetable of line 47.
- Bus line 48: service provided from 6.30am to 8.30pm, every 35 minutes, journey time from Bornicat to the airport: 30 minutes. See the route and timetable of line 48.
All the informations on the website of TCL.
Business Airport Lyon-Bron
Lyon-Bron is the 3rd business airport in France, connected to 2000 destinations, including those not served by the regular airlines.
- 7,200 business trips.
- Several Business hotels and Eurexpo are nearby.
- Very easy access to and from the motorway : 15 minutes from Lyon city centre.
All the informations on the website of Lyon-Bron Airport.