It is the simple, delicious pleasure of inhaling the scents of summer melons and strawberries, autumn mushrooms, aromatic herbs, and freshly picked flowers, or sampling a morsel of cheese or saucisson by the stall… Perhaps, above all else, it is the pleasure of a shared experience.
Beyond the experience it offers, it is also a sustainable approach in keeping with the times, encouraging shoppers to buy local, fresh and seasonal produce.
There is a market where you can go to fill your basket with fresh farm produce every day of the week in Lyon.
Here is our little selection of local markets
- Bron's Market: Place de la Liberté in Bron, all morning, (about 130 stalls), from 8 to 12 am.
- In the afternoon, visit the Halles du Grand Hôtel-Dieu.
- Market of La Croix-Rousse: Boulevard de la Croix-Rousse from 6 to 1.30 pm (or every day of the week except Monday).
- Evening market of the centre of Caluire: Rue des Combattants d’AFN in Caluire-et-Cuire, from 4 pm to 8 pm.
- Market of Saint-Antoine Célestins: Quais des Célestins and Saint-Antoine from 6 am to 1 pm (or every day of the week except Monday).
- Jean Macé's Market: Place Jean Macé, from 6 am to 1.30 pm (also on Saturdays).
- Evening farmers and producers' market: Place Carnot from 3 pm to 8 pm, producers and farmers welcome market-goers until the evening.
- Market of Montessuy in Caluire: Allée de la Jeunesse, from 7.30 am to 12.30 pm.
- Market of Quai Augagneur: Quai Augagneur from 2 pm to 8 pm.
- Producers' market in Décines: Place Roger Salengro in Décines, from 3.30 pm to 6.30 pm.
- Market of Quai Augagneur: from 6 am to 1.30 pm.
- Market of Monplaisir: Place Ambroise Courtois from 6 am to 1.30 pm (also on Tuesdays and Saturdays), just in front of the Vila Lumière.
- Neuville's Market: Place du 8 mai 45 in Neuville-sur-Saône, from 8 am to 1 pm.
- Evening market in Dardilly: Salle du Barriot, from 4 pm to 7 pm.
- Market of Montchat: Place du Château in Montchat district (Lyon 3), from 6 am to 1.30 pm.
- Craponne's Market: Place Andrée Marier Perrin and rue Centrale, in Craponne, from 7 am to 12.15 pm. Visit one of the biggest markets in the Lyon urban area.
- Market of Saint-Antoine Célestins: Quai Saint-Antoine, all morning, from 6 am to 1.30 pm. Complete the experience with a drink on the terrace of the bar, a walk by the river and a visit to the Marché de la Création (art and crafts market) on the opposite bank of the Saône.
You will find organic producers every day at the Croix-Rousse (except Mondays) and in many farmers' markets.
- St-Germain-au-Mont-d'Or market, place de la Mairie, from 4 pm to 8 pm.
- Les Halles de la Martinière (Lyon 1) are open from 10 am to 8 pm.
- Vaise organic market: Place Valmy in Vaise (Lyon 9), from 6 am to 1 pm.
- Monplaisir organic market (Lyon 8): Place Ambroise Courtois, from 6 am to 1.30 pm (or Thursday and Saturday).
- Saint-Genis-Laval organic market: Place Jaboulay in Saint-Genis-Laval, from 7.30 am to 12.30 pm (about 20 stalls), or Friday.
- Place Henri organic market (Lyon 3): from 6 am to 12.30 pm.
- Monplaisir organic market (Lyon 8): Place Ambroise Courtois, from 2 pm to 8 pm.
- Market at the Abbé Rozier farm in Ecully: 3 chemin de Chalin, from 4 pm to 7.30 pm with 100% organic producers' market, from 12 farms.
- Organic market of Saint-Jean: on Place Commette, in the Vieux-Lyon, from 6 am to 12.30 pm.
- Vaulx-en-Velin organic market: from 12 pm to 6 pm on the Esplanade de l'Hôtel de Ville.
- Collonges-au-Mont-d'Or organic market: rue de la Plage in front of Restaurant Bocuse, from 4 pm to 7 pm.
- Croix-Rousse organic market: Boulevard de la Croix-Rousse, Gros Caillou side, in the morning, from 6 am to 1.30 pm.
- Marché des Alagniers: Place du marché in Rillieux-la-Pape "les Alagniers". There is an organic area in the centre of the market, open all morning.
More information on Lyon's markets on M ton Marché.