What exactly is the Lyon City Card?
It's a no-contact card that includes access to public transport, museums, guided tours and river cruises. More specifically, it includes:
- 27 museums in Lyon, and their temporary exhibitions,
- a leisure cruise, with commentaries in French and English, or a tour in a Lyon City Bus sightseeing bus, depending on the season. Included during the winter, and €20 instead of €22 during the summer (please ask our team at the reception desk),
- a guided tour with a lecturing guide working with the Tourist Office,
- all forms of public transport: unlimited use of buses, tubes, trams and cable cars for the duration of your card,
- an unusual tour of the rooftops of the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière,
- a loom weaving demonstration,
- puppet shows with Guignol,
- the Planetarium
- The animated miniature park Mini World Lyon with beat-the-queue access,
- numerous activities, shows and concerts.
This card is valid during 24h, 48h, 72h, 96h consecutive , and is also available for children aged 4 to 15, and students (you will be asked to show a valid student card), and includes just one entrance per attraction, museum and guided tour during the duration of your card.
A Rhônexpress Lyon City Card card is also at your disposal. It includes a return trip on the Rhônexpress between Lyon-Saint-Exupéry airport and the city centre, Lyon-Part-Dieu station in the La Villette district (closed until further notice).
Just add two activities, on top of your use of public transport, and your Lyon City Card will have paid for itself!
Don't hesitate to check out the websites of our various partners, or contact us to see how much you can save!
The Lyon City Experts team is at your service from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, and on +33(0)4 72 77 69 69 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week.
Lyon City Card... How does it work?
Your card will be activated as soon as you use it on public transport or for your first tourist activity.
When using public transport, you must validate your card at each connection. Failure to do so will expose you to paying a fine in case of inspection.
When taking part in activities, you must show your card and mini-guide at each ticket office. Your Lyon City Card does not entitle you to beat the queue, unless stated otherwise.
Buying your card
Lyon City Card Adult 24h: €29
Lyon City Card Adult 48h: €39
Lyon City Card Adult 72h: €49
Lyon City Card Adult 96h: €59
Lyon City Card Rhônexpress (airport transfer) 24h adult: €49
Lyon City Card Rhônexpress (airport transfer) 48h adult: €58
Lyon City Card Rhônexpress (airport transfer) 72h adult: €67
Lyon City Card Rhônexpress (airport transfer) 96h adult: €75
Lyon City Card Junior (aged 4 to 15) 24h: €21
Lyon City Card Junior (aged 4 to 15) 48h: €27
Lyon City Card Junior (aged 4 to 15) 72h: €35
Lyon City Card Junior (aged 4 to 15) 96h: €42
This card entitles you to the same services as the adult card but cannot be issued alone. It can only be purchased with a Lyon City Card for adults.
Student / Discounted price
Lyon City Card Student/ discounted 24h: €25
Lyon City Card Student/ discounted 48h: €34
Lyon City Card Student/ discounted 72h: €43
Lyon City Card Student/ discounted 96h: €52
Student cards purchased online must be picked up at the Tourist Office on place Bellecour or at the Part-Dieu Shopping Centre, on presentation of a valid student card.
Special rates for cards purchased via the web or over the phone.
Added advantage: make the most of our special web offer when purchasing a Lyon City Card for adults (with the exception of cards that include a Rhônexpress pass) for all your purchases on our www.lyoncitycard.com website or over the phone on +33(04) 72 77 69 69 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, 7 days a week.
Social solidarity offers
Jobseekers, recipients of RSA income support benefits, young people aged under 18, and people with a disability: the discounted price is applied.
These cards purchased online must be picked up at the Tourist Office on place Bellecour or at the Part-Dieu Shopping Centre, on presentation of an ID card with photo or passport and/or proof of disability or unemployment issued less than 6 months prior.
This discount does not apply to the Rhônexpress + Lyon City Card deal.
May not be combined with other current special offers.
Family: 2 adults + 2 or more children (4 to 15 years old) 5% discount on a family set of cards of the same duration (24, 48, 72 or 96 hrs)
This special offer applies to all children’s cards, whatever the quantity, and is limited to 2 adults.
Does not apply to the adult Rhônexpress + Lyon City Card deal (in which case the special offer applies only to the children’s cards).
May not be combined with other special offers.
Proof of age will be required for children.
Can my Lyon City Card be sent to my home address?
When purchasing your Lyon City Card over the phone or via the web, you can choose to have your order sent to your home for an additional fee of €3.50 for postage charges for those living in Metropolitan France, and €6.5 for those living abroad. Please allow 3-5 days when you live in France, and up to 5-10 days when you live abroad.
Discounted and Student cards purchased online must be picked up at the Tourist Office on place Bellecour or at the Part-Dieu Shopping Centre, or at Confluence Shopping and Leisure centre on presentation of a valid student card or supporting document .
What methods of payment can I use?
When purchasing cards directly at the Tourist Office Pavilion you can use credit cards, cash, bank cheques and holiday vouchers.
When purchasing cards remotely via the Internet or over the phone you can use your credit card to pay on our secure website. We accept e-Carte Bleue, Maestro, Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron and Paypal
What are the general conditions of sale? (refund, cancellation, theft or loss)
The Lyon City Card cannot be cancelled, refunded or modified. In the event of it being lost, stolen or improperly used, the ONLYLYON Tourism and Convention bureau shall decline any responsibility, and your card shall not be replaced.
Collecting your Lyon City Card
When should I collect my Lyon City Card?
Once you have purchased your Lyon City Card on the www.lyoncitycard.com website or over the phone, you can collect it at any time. There is no deadline.
After collection it must be used within 18 months (it will be activated when you use it for the first time).
Where should I collect my Lyon City Card?
Your Lyon City Card can be collected from any of the following locations:
- The ONLYLYON Tourism Pavilion, situated in Place Bellecour, in the 2nd arrondissement in Lyon. Open every day (except on 25th Dec and 1st Jan) from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- The reception desk in the Part-Dieu shopping centre, level 0, Place de l’Eau. Open from Monday to Saturday from 09:30 am to 8:00 pm and from 10 am to 8 pm for bank holidays. Closed on 1 January, 1 May and 25 December.
- The reception desk in the Confluence shopping and leisure centre, Lyon 2nd. Open from Monday to Friday, from 10 am to 7 pm and Saturday, from 10 am to 8 pm.
Using your Lyon City Card
How do I use my Lyon City Card in museums?
Simply show your Lyon City Card at the ticket office of the museum to receive your free entrance ticket.
Is a beat-the-queue option available for some museums?
Beat-the-queue options are available for the Musée des Confluences, Musée des Beaux-Arts and Mini World Lyon.
What activities require prior booking?
Some Lyon City Card activities required prior booking via the following partners:
- The Planetarium in Vaulx-en-Velin. Free entrance. to book and obtain a programme, please call +33(0)4 78 79 50 12
- A guided tour on electric bicycles with Lyon Bike Tour: get 20% discount on presentation of your Lyon City Card. To book and check availability, please call +33(0)6 51 36 33 47
- A guided tour on a Segway Personal Transporter with ComHic: get 10% discount on the tour of your choice, or 10% discount on the Mobilboard tour. Comhic: to book (compulsory) and to check availability, please call +33(0)4 72 65 43 86 & Mobilboard: to book (compulsory) please call +33(0)9 83 58 73 35
- Guided tour in a Cyclo City Tours: €10 discount on a cycling tour. To book and check availability, please call +33(0)04 78 30 35 90
- The Hermès boat-restaurant: a cheese plate or a window seat. To book (compulsory) and to check availability, please call +33(0)4 78 42 96 81
- The treetop adventure park with France Aventure: 10% discount on one of 5 treetop courses. To book (recommended) and to check availability, please call +33(0)4 78 36 31 75
- Mobilboard and Comhic : 20% discount on the tours. To book and check availabily, please call +33(0)9 83 58 73 35 for Mobilboard and +33(0)4 72 65 43 86 for Comhic
How do I book a guided tour with a lecturing guide working with the Tourist Office?
A guided tour is included in your Lyon City Card. You are entitled to 30% off a second tour of your own choice throughout the duration of your card.
You can book your guided tours on www.visiterlyon.com.
After purchasing your Lyon City Card via the Internet or over the phone, you will be sent an automatic confirmation by e-mail.
In it, you will find a "coupon code" (made up of numbers and capital letters). You must enter this code when purchasing your guided tour from your basket via the www.visiterlyon.com
If your Lyon City Card is handy, enter your basket's promotional code (code promo) on the www.visiterlyon.com website. This code is located on the back of your card, at the bottom. The first two numbers of this code are "11".
You can also book over the phone on +33(0)4 72 77 69 69 or directly at the ONLYLYON Tourist Office pavilion in Place Bellecour. Be sure to have your Lyon City Card and/or the coupon code sent to you by e-mail when placing your Lyon City Card order.
How can I book a cruise with Les Bateaux Lyonnais?
Leisure cruises don't require prior booking.
Just go directly to the ticket office at 2 Quai des Célestins (69002–Lyon) to collect your tickets (subject to availability) on the day of your leisure cruise..
We suggest arriving 20 to 30 minutes prior to departure.
The programme is available here: www.lesbateauxlyonnais.com
How do I book the unusual tour of the rooftops of the Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière?
You can book the amazing tour of the roofs of Fourvière, with your Lyon City Card number, by calling the Tourist Office on +33 (0) 472 776 969. Booking is subject to availability.
Once you have made a reservation, arrive 15 minutes before the beginning of your tour at the reception centre located on the esplanade of Fourvière Basilica and present your Lyon City Card.
Our partner is authorised to request payment for your places or refuse access to the tour if your card is no longer valid or not presented at the ticket office.
Please note that there may be a waiting time to take the funicular. Guided tours leave on time!
The programme is available here: The Fourvière Foundation
How do I book my entrance to the animated miniature park Mini World Lyon?
There's no need to book your entrance ticket. Your Lyon City Card entitles you to beat-the-queue access. Simply show your Lyon City Card at the ticket office to obtain your ticket.
How does the Lyon City Card work on Lyon's public transport?
All types of public transports in Lyon are included in the Lyon City Card: metro, trams, buses and cable cars.
Enjoy free and unlimited access to the TCL public transport network: metro, trams, buses and cable cars + Relais car parks.
The travel pass included in your card will be activated when first used at a TCL network terminal.
It will be valid for 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h. It must be validated when used for the 1st time, and at each connection (only on this condition will your ticket be valid).
No public transport on the 1st May.
How does the Lyon City Card work in Relais car parks?
Lyon City Card gives you access to 22 Relais car parks throughout the city of Lyon during 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h consecutive, subject to available parking space.
Relais car parks are accessible from 5 am to midnight. You must remove your vehicle from the car park before midnight every night.
Swipe your Lyon City Card at the terminal (which is similar to public transport terminals) to enjoy free parking in Relais car parks.
Can I use my Lyon City Card on the Vaporetto?
The Vaporetto is a river shuttle. It is included in the Lyon City Card.
Show your Lyon City Card as you go on board to obtain your ticket. Subject to availability.
The timetable is available on the website of our partner Les Yachts de Lyon.
How does the Lyon City Card work when renting a Vélo’v bicycle?
Lyon City Card gives you access to a specific and customised Vélo'v service offer. For just €5, you can use a Vélo'v bicycle for 3 consecutive days and enjoy 60 minutes of free cycling time every time you take out a bicycle. Activate your subscription by using your Lyon City Card at a Vélo’v terminal, at the Lyon Tourism and Convention bureau, or via www.velov.grandlyon.com.
For a list of all Vélo'v stations, please call +33(0)1 30 79 33 40.
To use the Vélo’v service:
- Go to a Vélo’v station and select the "buy a ticket" (acheter un ticket) option on the touchscreen.
- Select the "PASS TICKET" (TICKET SUR PASS) option, and scan the card on the dedicated terminal (red subscription card display).
- Follow the instructions and insert your credit card to pay €5 plus a €150 deposit for every Vélo’v bicycle you rent.
- Choose your own personal code, and use this code every time you take out a bicycle.
Please note that the digital version of the Lyon City Card Rhonexpress does not allow access to Vélo'v rental bikes.
The same card must be used every time you rent a bicycle.
Every time you take back a bicycle, remember to check that the light on the terminal is green.
How can I use my Lyon City Card to attend a Guignol puppet show?
This show, which is subject to availability, is included in the Lyon City Card, and must be booked via the following companies directly:
- Guignol un Gone de Lyon, La Compagnie Daniel Streble, on +33 (0)4 72 32 11 55.
- Théâtre La Maison de Guignol, on +33 (0)4 72 40 26 61.
- Théâtre Le Guignol de Lyon, on +33 (0)4 78 29 83 36.
- Véritable Théâtre Guignol du Parc de la Tête d'Or, on +33 (0)6 12 42 48 71.
How can I use my Lyon City Card to see a show?
The Lyon City Card entitles you to discounts at various cultural venues throughout the city (Opera, Theatre, Dance and Improvisation events, Dinner theatres, etc.) subject to prior booking.
Check out all the discounts to be enjoyed on other shows on our partner websites.
Does the Lyon City Card entitle me to shopping advantages?
The Lyon City Card entitles you to privileged services with several of our partners:
- Galeries Lafayette Part-Dieu,
- Le Printemps de Lyon,
- The Confluence Shopping & Leisure Centre,
- Hard Rock Café Lyon's shop,
- The Village.
How long will my Lyon City Card remain valid?
How long will my Lyon City Card remain valid with regard to activities?
Your Lyon City Card will be activated as soon as it is validated for any one of the activities included in it. It will remain valid for 24, 48, 72 or 96 consecutive hours, depending on the duration of your card as from its first time of use.
Please be aware that its validity differs with regard to transport: in this case it covers consecutive 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h , regardless of when it was first used.
How long will my Lyon City Card remain valid for use on public transport?
Your card's travel pass is activated when first used at a network terminal. It will be valid during consecutive 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h , depending on the duration of your card, from 5 am to 0.30 am, regardless of when it was first used.
For further information on public transport, and for timetables, please call ALLO TCL on +33(0)4 26 10 12 12.
Does the Lyon City Card only work on consecutive hours?
The Lyon City Card can only be used on consecutive days, and for 24h, 48h, 72h or 96h.
Using your card for the first time activates it for whatever period of time you purchased it for.
Can I recharge or extend the duration of my Lyon City Card?
The Lyon City Card cannot be recharged for transport or activity purposes. If you wish to enjoy its advantages for a period exceeding 96 hours, you must purchase a new card.
How long will my Lyon City Card remain valid?
From the moment you collect your card, you have 18 months to use it. After 18 months, your card will become obsolete and will not be replaced.
Can I use my Lyon City Card during the Festival of Lights?
The Lyon City Card entitles its users to the same services throughout the year, except during the Festival of Lights when Les Bateaux Lyonnais and Lyon City Bus are no longer included.
The following activities are excluded during the Festival of Lights: Lyon City Bus and Les Bateaux Lyonnais during special Festival of Lights evenings.
Can I use my Lyon City Card on the 1st May
The entire TCL public transport network ceases to function on the 1st May. However, many tourist activities remain open (guided tours, Lyon City Bus, Lyon City Tram, Les Bateaux Lyonnais, Mini World Lyon, cinemas and lots more). For further information concerning activity programmes, please contact us on +33 (0)4 72 77 69 69.
In the event of extreme weather conditions, what services are ensured?
Guided tours with lecturing guides working with the Tourist Office will be ensured regardless of weather conditions.
In the event of strong flooding, the departure times and locations of leisure cruises are likely to be modified.
For further information, please contact us on [email protected] or on +33 (0)4 72 77 69 69
What happens in the event of exceptional closures or strikes, or during holidays?
Any closures, strikes or exceptional free entries that may concern any of the venues accessible through the Lyon City Card shall not result in the duration of the card being extended, or any form of refund of 24h or more hours.
Can I attend the travelling lectures and the various workshops organised by museums?
Although the temporary exhibitions of partner museums are included in the Lyon City Card, travelling lectures and other workshops organised by museums are not, and you may be asked to pay an additional entrance fee.
Covid-19: is a 'Pass sanitaire' (health pass) required?
Since 14 March 2022, a 'Pass sanitaire' (vaccinal pass) is no longer required to access cultural venues (museums, theatres, café-theatres, etc.) and wearing a mask is no longer compulsory, but recommended. And masks must be worn on public transport and in health facilities.
Covid-19: How long is my card valid for?
All 24, 48, 72 and 96-hour cards ordered, picked up and unused, are valid for 18 months. In the event of new restrictions due to the Covd epidemic, please contact the tourist pavilion by email: [email protected] from 9 am to 6 pm.
Our team is at your entire disposal every day from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, or by telephone on +33(0)4 72 77 69 69 from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, via Messenger or by email: [email protected]
Is the Lyon City Card recycled?
Lyon City Card recycling boxes are available in various locations throughout the city:
- Tourism Office ONLYLYON, Place Bellecour - 69002 Lyon
- Fondation de Fourvière, 8 place de Fourvière – 69005 Lyon
- Lyon City Tour, 17 rue de la Martinière – 69001 Lyon
- Belambra City Résidence Villemanzy, 21 montée Saint-Sébastien - 69001 Lyon
- Grand Hôtel des Terreaux, 16 rue Lanterne – 69001 Lyon
- Hôtel Axotel Lyon Perrache, 12 rue Marc-Antoine Petit – 69002 Lyon
- Hôtel Charlemagne - Société Gestotel, 23 cours Charlemagne – 69002 Lyon
- Ibis Lyon Centre Perrache, 28 cours de Verdun-Perrache – 69002 Lyon
- Ibis Styles Lyon Confluence, 26 quai Perrache – 69002 Lyon
- Mercure Lyon Beaux-arts, 73-75 rue du Président Edouard Herriot – 69002 Lyon
- Novotel Lyon Confluence, 3 rue Paul Montrochet – 69002 Lyon
- Les Bateaux Lyonnais - Groupe Lavorel, Quai des Célestins – 69002 Lyon
- Maison des Canuts, 10 rue d’Ivry – 69004 Lyon
- Collège Hôtel, 5 place Saint-Paul – 69005 Lyon
- Gadagne - Musée Historique de Lyon et Musée des Marionnettes du Monde, 14 rue Gadagne - 69005 Lyon
- Hôtel Roosevelt, 48 rue de Sèze – 69006 Lyon
- Odalys City Bioparc, 60 rue Rockefeller – 69008 Lyon
- Musée des Beaux-arts, Place des Terreaux – 69001 Lyon
- Musée des Confluences, 86 quai Perrache - 69002 Lyon
- Musée Cinéma et Miniature, 60 rue Saint-Jean - 69005 Lyon