Bicycle tourism is growing in France and Europe. Travelling by bicycle is a practical and environmentally friendly way to get to various holiday destinations. It offers a chance to keep fit while making the most of the landscapes.
France Vélo Tourisme created the Accueil Vélo certification to encourage the growth of this green and active form of transport.
This national brand aims to ensure quality services for cyclists along managed cycle routes. Certified establishments are listed on the website and the cycle route map, in order to inform bicycle tourists about service providers that are equipped to welcome cyclists.
ONLYLYON Tourism has taken up this mission by becoming the pilot evaluator/expert for the Lyon metropolitan area. Supported by the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, we assist tourism professionals seeking Accueil Vélo certification.
Categories of establishments eligible for certification
- Accommodation providers
- Rental companies
- Tourist sites
Main certification criteria
- Be located less than 5 km from a cycle route;
- Provide suitable equipment: secure bicycle storage room, cycle stands, cleaning area;
- Provide a warm welcome: information and advice about cycle routes;
- Provide dedicated services (ability to call on external services providers): luggage transfer, laundry and dry cleaning, bycycle hire.
Current certification holders
- Restaurants : Au Grand Large, Coffee shop du Away Hostel, HEAT
- Accommodation providers: Q7 Lodge, Studio Péniche, l'Hôtel du Simplon, l'Ibis Lyon Carré de Soie, Haricot Bicyclette, Fenêtres sur (la) Cour, Away Hostel, Slo Living Hostel, Meininger, Résidence Villemanzy, Hôtel Lyon Métropole, Hôtel ParkSaône, Hôtel Le Roosevelt, Hôtel Lyon-ouest
- Repairers: WeRide, Cycle Service Lyon
- Rental companies: Cycletic, Velostrada, Paulette, Comhic and Mobilboard
- Tourist sites: WeRide, le Grand Parc Miribel Jonage
Calling all amateur cyclists and cycling enthusiasts: saddle up for a different way to travel! Take up the challenge of rediscovering France’s landscapes via its many cycle routes, while reducing your environmental footprint.
For further information about the certification, visit: www.francevelotourisme.com/accueil-velo