Delicious food and culture for the whole family
Enjoy this tour of Lyon’s historic centre to (re)discover its many charms.
From Saint-Jean Cathedral, follow your epicurean guide through the narrow streets of Vieux-Lyon (Old Lyon).
Next, cross the Saône to get to the Presqu’île district and its elegant facades. Continue along your route to Les Halles du Grand Hôtel-Dieu, on the banks of the Rhône. It offers a chance to learn about Lyon’s renowned gastronomic tradition, the story of the Mères lyonnaises (famous female chefs) and its authentic local eateries known as bouchons.
In between learning about the city’s history, you can enjoy delicious tastings of local produce, including pralines (sugar-coated almonds), chocolate...
The tastings vary with the seasons, but you’re guaranteed a delicious time whenever you come!
Please ensure you arrive 15 minutes before the tour commences.
Booking is necessary
Cancellation free of charge 72 hours before schedule activity
Visit recommended from 4 years old
As it will not be possible for certain tastings to take place at the bar, please bring a small basket or bag to take your produce away with you after the tour
Departure guaranteed with a minimum of 2 participants
Health and safety commitments
The services provided by Tasty Lyon have been adapted to meet your requirements and provide peace of mind during your tour:
- a mask must be wornfor customers and the guide
- alcohol-based hand sanitizer provided
- social distancing maintained thanks to redesigned tours
- Tasty Lyon has also made the choice of not entering the traboules (hidden passageways) out of respect for local residents.
- as it will not be possible for certain tastings to take place at the bar, please bring a small basket or bag to take your produce away with you after the tour.